Maintaining Safety and Independence of Patients and Residents through Effective Communication
The communication needs of skilled nursing and long term care facilities are unique to the individual environment, demanding a flexible nurse call solution that is adaptable to the specific facility.
Provider® 680 Nurse Call systems offer the tools that caregivers need to deliver high quality care while protecting the safety of residents and patients while maintaining their independence.
- Wireless Call – patients or residents can use wireless pendants to call for help from bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas, preserving their independence without compromising their safety
- Alarm Management – bed exit alarms can be routed directly to an assigned caregiver for quick response, preventing falls before they occur
- Resident Check-In – an automated resident check-in feature allows residents to maintain their autonomy while caregivers can ensure their well-being without having to physically make a trip to the resident’s room
With the Jeron Provider 680 Nurse Call System you can address facility-wide staff and patient communication needs today and in the future.
The nurse call system can improve patient care and staff satisfaction while also minimizing installation and maintenance costs.
Simple and Intuitive Operation
- Speed up response time with Touchscreen Nurse Console
- Assign staff-to-patient by simply touching a screen
- Know how to respond to patient’s calls with updated patient information
Increased Patient and Staff Satisfaction
- Integrate wireless phones and pocket pagers with the systems communications design to route patient calls directly to the caregiver
- Enable your staff to remain completely mobile while always informed cutting unnecessary trips to the nursing station
Driving Efficiency Throughout the Facility
- Save staff’s time, energy and sanity by locating any piece of portable equipment
- Reduce unneeded rental costs by efficiently using equipment
- Speed up bed turnover with housekeeping/room ready buttons next to each bed
- Direct alarm monitoring inputs, including bed exit, I.V. pump and ventilator directly to the assigned caregiver’s wireless device; no more wasted time “searching” to find an alarm.
Design for Low Cost Installation and Ongoing Reliability
- Underwriters Laboratories UL1069 listed for nurse call equipment
- Eliminate potential software virus threats by relying on non-PC based software
- Reduces initial installation costs and simplifies system service by relying the structured Cat 5/5e/6 cabling wiring throughout
HOW COULD A NURSE CALL SYSTEM FREE UP YOUR NURSES?
Schedule your demo and let us walk you through the features and benefits!