With the increasing demands on hospital and nursing staff coupled with the growing complexity of the patients’ needs, Real Time Locating System (RTLS) is used by more hospitals every day. It is used to track the location of patients and staff as well as to locate medical devices for clinical procedures.
Real Time Location Systems do not only contribute to hospital efficiency and decrease costs but also improve patient safety.
CCI Systems offers a healthcare management solution that uses a network of badges and tags. We streamline the flow of patients and resources through your department, unit or facility and pinpoint location information in real time at the glance of a monitor.
The patient flow software drives efficiency by:
- Locating delay-causing bottlenecks
- Reducing time spent searching for people and assets
- Automatically communicating need-to-know information
- Integrating EMR, Scheduling, Lab & other data into one easy-to-read electronic board
- Automating data entry through healthcare systems integration
- Providing historical analytics for continual process improvement
- Giving team leaders the knowledge to make real-time workflow and staffing adjustments
By using IR-RFID badges you always know:
- Patient’s location and current waiting time
- Patient status (ready to be seen, with physician, in X-ray, etc.)
- Room status (available, assigned, in need of cleaning)
- Next Step for patients and caregivers
Plus, improving patient flow and reducing waiting has been shown to increase patient satisfaction and HCAHPS.
Floorplan View is a living blueprint of people and equipment locations within a facility. Generated from a drawing representative of your facility, Floorplan View features icons that represent people and equipment, automatically updating the view as movement occurs.
Locate Staff Members
Small, lightweight badges provide the means to locate people (staff, patients, visitors).
Assigned to individuals or shared across shifts, badges emit signals containing a unique identification code. As an individual moves within the facility wearing a badge, the system identifies his or her location. By pressing the call/alert button on the Personnel Alert Badge, patients and caregivers can summon assistance or initiate an event/action.
Tracking assets helps streamline preventive maintenance procedures and reduces equipment rental and lease costs. Affixed to portable assets or charts, the Asset Tag emits signals containing each tag’s unique identification code. As a “tagged” piece of equipment moves within the facility, the system identifies its location. From locating patient charts to IV pumps and bariatric wheelchairs, the Asset Tag takes the guesswork out of locating equipment.
- Locate portable equipment easily for use or preventive maintenance
- Eliminate time-intensive searches and “lost” equipment
- Reduce equipment time to patient
- Improve utilization of existing inventory
- Reduce lease and rental costs
- Minimize loss and shrinkage