VisionLink® Nurse Call feeds many patient technology systems into one centralized system to provide patient focused care with superior facility management.
- Scalability. It easily installs into any size facility, whether it be a single building or a 100 acre campus.
- Integration. It integrates with smoke and motion detectors, wandering patient door equipment, pocket pagers, wireless phones, two way radios, IPAD’s, cell phones, central station monitoring and other software and hardware options.
- Flexibility. Its flexibility allows us to customize a system that will meet the needs of your facility now and grow with you as your requirements expand.
- Safety. With VisionLink you can provide improved safety for patients and staff plus managed freedom for your residents in a system that will never be outdated.
Start small, think big!
The VisionLink Wireless Nurse Call System is engineered with the quality required for skilled and acute care combined with the ease of use needed by caregivers worldwide.
- Save on conduit and wiring costs by going wireless when adding a new wing or building
- Add single two wire loop through the corridors for dome lights
- Add wireless repeaters to send assistance calls to the nearest console by day and a centralized console at night for your multi-building campus
- Manage all of your computer consoles from a central server whether you are on or off site
Unique personal transmitters
Vision Link offers pendant transmitters unique in the industry:
- Automatic fall alarm
- Wandering patient notification that includes the patient’s name and location
- Built-in scheduler to remind caregivers to give medications, lock doors or perform other tasks
- No expensive licenses or upgrades are required to add more stations, staff notification devices or personal pendant transmitters
Patient information is a standard feature as well as Call Analysis Reports that provide the tools to organize and analyze the patient call data including staff response times. Your choice of active or passive check-in can notify staff of any resident who is not up and around by your selected time each day. A scheduler reminds staff to give medications, lock doors or perform other tasks. Bed turn software notifies CNA’s to turn their patients according to schedule.
Staff members can use iPads, pocket pagers, two way radios, wireless phones, or cell phones to receive text messages, alarm calls and even talk to the resident in the room hands-free.
- Get more than patient alarms: any message typed on a keyboard can be sent to any pocket pager, cell phone or group eliminating institutional overhead paging
- Staff can be sent a text when calls are holding or any other information including mass notification for emergencies
- Connect any equipment that gives a contact closure on alarm such as exit doors, smoke detectors, motion detectors, bed exit pads, incontinence pads, equipment status, or anything else your facility requires.
HOW COULD A CENTRALIZED CODE & MANAGEMENT REPORTING MAKE YOUR STAFF MORE MOBILE?
Schedule your demo and let us walk you through the features and benefits!